How Your Small Business Can Increase Website Traffic
Updated: Mar 23, 2020
Blogging doesn't just help a business, it is the lifeblood of a business when it comes to building an online presence and rising above your competition. With the benefits they offer to business owners and customers alike, you absolutely owe it to yourself to see what the setup and creation of a blog can do for your growing empire.
How Blog Content Helps Small Business Business growth doesn't occur all by itself, it occurs in relation to that of your competitors, your intended audience, and even search engines. Customers are more discriminating now than ever, and they look for information that will help them to make informed purchases that add value and benefit to their lives. You must consider the use of a blog to promote your business and products if you want to stay competitive. Here are some more reasons that you must get on the blogging bandwagon:
1. A quality blog helps your business compete in the market Small companies that offer products and services like yours are a dime a dozen; what is going to set you apart from your competition? Blogging will reveal to your customers what you bring to the table, what makes you unique, and the reasons that they need to develop a relationship with you. Telling your story and communicating your passion for your product will convince your target audience that they need to purchase from you.
2. A blog is statistically proven to help your business For those of you that are numbers geeks, statistics have shown that: Custom content warms prospects up to your business Blogging business generates more leads than businesses who do not Blogging is more effective at promoting your company than traditional advertising Blogging helps potential customers find you
It's hard to argue with the evidence; the more quality content you have on the internet, the higher you get pushed up in search engine pages. The more visible you are, the more easily people will find you. It's that simple.
3. A blog provides an excellent channel for communication A website is efficient at providing information about products and services as well as company mission, but it is generally a one-way channel of communication. Blogs, however, create opportunities for two-way interaction with your audience. You can literally build a relationship with your clients in ways that are more personal. Ideas can be exchanged, you can take readers' ideas and develop them, and the entire conversation can unfold in ways that draw others in. It's a beautiful thing.
4. A blog offers valuable insight The more you know about your target audience, the better you'll be able to serve them. Analytics, feedback by other readers, and information from social media posts that link back to your blog articles will reveal what kind of content is most interesting and valuable to your readers, and you can use that data to create more information that will be of value in the future. Finding those golden nuggets will keep interested customers coming back for more.
5. A blog can improve your SEO If you are in business right now and you don't know what SEO is, it's time to rethink your position. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it goes to work for you thanks to search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Your quality content produces algorithms that are studied by web crawlers who determine what is of value and worthy enough to be placed higher in search engine rankings. If you have the magic combination of consistent content and quality keywords, voila! You are placed in a position on search engine pages where people can find you. Keep doing your thing, keep creating content and using those buzzwords that people are searching for, and you'll be found by thousands if not millions of potential customers who are looking for what you have.
6. Maintaining a blog will shape you as an expert Having to write about your products and services in fresh ways will keep you on your toes; this is a certainty. You have to dig into your knowledge reserves, to know your products, and to know your competitors even, to rise to the top. The stronger your project knowledge and communication skills are, the more likely it is that you will be seen as an established and trusted expert, inciting the confidence of those who read your content.
7. Blog posts can provide content for social media Social media is another form of advertising that is extremely powerful when it comes to building your business. These posts can work in tandem with blog content; they can feed off each other and provide jumping-off points for additional posts or even backlinks to your blog for more interaction with your customers. The more time they spend on your page, the more likely it is that they will eventually purchase from you.
8. A blog will help your email list grow When customers find your blog posts valuable and informative, they are more likely to sign up for e-newsletters as well. Having these emails is invaluable when it comes to pushing out new content and advertising for new products and services. You've already established yourself as a trusted expert, now all you need to do to generate additional business is to draw them in with your quality offerings.
9. A blog can generate leads Many blogging platforms now offer optimized actions that are important to a business. Calls for action such as a free e-book or a free consultation will encourage customers to make a decision, and your asking for action indicates confidence in your product that is attractive to customers. The more opportunities you can present for taking definitive action, the more likely it is that people will make the decision to purchase from you.
What are you waiting for? Look at how simple that was? Including a call to action, asking your reader to make a decision, is critical when it comes to making your blog an effective business tool. As a small business owner, knowing how powerful a blog is in building your business will make you a force to be reckoned with when it comes to rising to the top amidst a sea of competitors. If you don't have the time to manage a blog, we recommend using a high-quality virtual assistant to help with your daily tasks and blog management. Now, what are you waiting for? It's time to conquer the internet!
Content Flip is proud to be listed as one of the Top Content Marketing Agencies. Reach out today to start growing your business with top quality content.